Vintage Garden

About Me

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Day after the Blizzard of 2013

    Well It is Sat. Feb 9th and we survived the blizzard. We never lost power which was super. I had a really nice week end considering.
   I was called out of work Yesterday due to the storm and was very grateful for that. I was suppose to work from 12-8  and I would have been coming home at one of the worst times during the storm. Even though I lost 8 hrs and a good day of waitress tips on a normal Friday, I was relieved. I had today off so I didn't have to worry about what was going to happen today.
   I actually got to spend some family time with my boys and my husband which doesn't happen often. My older son and his girlfriend were home for the duration of the storm, we had a family dinner with everyone. My younger son was already home and they got to spend some brotherly time together. It was a nice night. 
  This morning my husband had to clear a path out for our dog Max so he could do his business for the snow was higher than he. Then I decided to make French Toast and sausage for the family. We very rarely have breakfast or dinner together so it was nice for a change, now we are all awaiting for the driving ban to be lifted. As soon as that is lifted everyone will be on their way. The storm brought us together for about 24 - 30 hrs. Thanks for stopping by Enjoy your day. Til next time

No comments:

Post a Comment