Vintage Garden

About Me

Friday, April 12, 2013

Crafting Day

    Today was such a cold and dreary day. I had today off so I decided to do some crafting. I was very productive. I got the Thank you card done for the SAS in June and I finally got the This And That Journal cover done. I also managed to get two pages in the This And That Journal focusing on the Hot dog boil we went to last weekend. My husband's niece and her husband make their own maple syrup and at the end of the maple syrup season they do this huge hot dog boil where they boil the hot dogs in the maple syrup. I was skeptical at first ,but it was sooooo yummy. Better with out the bun. They invite family and friends and serve hot dogs boiled in the syrup for a good part of the day and people come in and go ,. She had quite the spread, there was baked beans ,potato salad, macaroni salad, chips and many desserts as well. It was just a fun day with family and friends.


  The top picture is my cover. I used the Epic Day DSP, the stickers that came with the bundle, I loved the simplicity of the this And That label that actually comes on the book and the color just happen to fit in.I used the Big Shot with the Beautiful Butterflies Bigz Die, the butterfly punch found in the 2012-2013 catalog, and some fun brads and ribbon  in Gumball green and summer starfruit and a retired color called groovy Gauva. I also used some primas that I had in my stash.
The second pic. was made with what the page had already had and some stickers from the bundle and of coarse picture of the machine that the hot dogs were being boiled in. 
The last picture was the old machine that they started their business with.  After all the maple flavored hot dogs ,  they decided to make maple flavored snow cones with the clean snow from their yard. We didn't stay for that.
Drop by tomorrow and I will show you some more things that I created. It's getting late and I need to get some zzz's. I'm off tomorrow also,  so who knows what else I may create.Til next time. Feel free to leave a comment or ask a question. 
Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment