Vintage Garden

About Me

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Christmas Card week 1

Hello Everyone,
Here is a card that was sent to my E-mail from one of the demonstrators/upline that  did Quarterly meetings in Rhode Island that I use to go to. Her name is Marni Levitt. She is doing an e-mail 12 weeks of Christmas and this is the Christmas card week 1 that I cased from that. I didn't really change up this one at all , except the grosgrain ribbon because I didn't have the 5/8 width. Very simple but cute.
It's been quite the weekend. My younger son K.J went to a friend's house Friday night. I was just going to bed at about 11:30 when the phone call came in. " There's been a serious accident K.J and a few friends were in the bedroom and the bed collapsed onto  K.J's  head. I was soo scared all I could think about was that his skull was crushed. She said we should pick him up and take him to the hospital,so my husband and I went to get him. Luckily it wasn't as bad as I had imagined it was. He was bleeding and there was a nice gash on the side of his head. He ended up getting 4 staples. It took us forever in the ER by the time I got home it was 2:30 am and I had to be up at 6:00am to go into work. Needless to say he had a slight concussion and the 4 staples. He was actually very lucky that it more a less grazed his head and didn't fall completely on top of him. He just had to take it easy for a few days and the staples need to come out in a few days.
Recipe for card:
Stamps: I (heart) Hearts, Patterned Pines, Christmas Cardinal.(sentiment)
Inks: Old Olive, Cherry Cobbler. 
Card Stock: Cherry Cobbler, Jolly Holiday DSP, Old Olive, WW.
Accessories: White grosgrain ribbon colored with Old Olive Stampin Write marker. 
Enjoy the rest of your evening. Thanks for stopping by. Til next time.
Happy Stamping

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, I'm glad your son is ok. That must have been so scary! Never a dull moment with kids regardless of their age, huh? Love the card, so pretty. I haven't even started my Halloween cards. Lost my mojo. :-( Hopefully I get it back soon!

    ReplyDelete