Vintage Garden

About Me

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Technique cards

Hello everyone,
  What a beautiful day it is here. It got to be 75 yay! I've been working on a couple of cards.  One is for my class which we will be doing the knotted flower technique which I got from Madeline Morello on Split coast stampers, here is her blog www. thestampingstudio.blogspot.com., if you want to check out some of other cards using the knotted flower. It is really neat because you can use this technique on sb pages cards or anyplace that you need an embellishment.
The supplies used  for this card:
Stamps: Sincere Salutations
 Inks: Basic Black
 CS: Real Red, Love Letter Designer paper,Basic Black and very vanilla.
 Accessories: Big shot with the tulip Eb. folder which you can't see very well on the scan. I used it on the edges of the black going across. Scallop Trim border punch, real red 1/8 taffeta ribbon, for the knotted ribbon, black Grosgrain ribbon,basic pearl jewels,, md oval punch, scallop oval punch, antique brad,dimensionals and mini glue dots.
     I also tried another really neat technique that I would like to show at my class but don't know if we'll have time, maybe, we'll see here is a card using that technique. This is a card I cased from a lady named Pam Logan on Split coast Stampers. It looks like the gear images are embossed right into the card. I think I read somewhere it was called the  Pessed Flowers except I did it with the gears.
Supplies used for this card
Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes.
Ink: Soft Suede.CS: Not Quite Navy, WW, Soft Suede
Accessories: Big shot, Lattice EB. Folder, Coggs Gear Punch, Modern Label Punch, Word Window Punch Dimensionals and mini Glue Dots.

1 comment:

  1. Love both of these cards. I've done the pressed flowers technique & love it. Now I'll have to try the knotted flower technique. It adds a very cute touch!

    ReplyDelete