Vintage Garden

About Me

Saturday, January 19, 2013

      Happy Saturday, this is my second post of the New Year, I'm hoping to post daily or at least every couple of days. This will have to be a New years resolution of mine kinda, I don't like to make them because I usually break them with the first month, I know, I know that's bad.
       I have to say, I am loving!! the new SAB stamp set Feeling Sentimental. It has an old style Ferris Wheel, an old bike and an old telephone booth that looks like the one from the series Dr. Who,and something we haven't seen in a long time since the cell phone came along. Here is a  of sample using one of the stamps. This is the phone booth. I used Midnight muse card stock and whisper white cs both are Stampin' Up! and I used the Faux Patina Technique using the hounds tooth embossing folder also using stampin' Up! Ink choices were Crumb Cake, Marina Mist, Always Artichoke, and Early espresso and vintage brad. I thought I uploaded the bike card to my computer but I guess I didn't yet. I'll post another time.
      The Faux Technique is done with these materials,
stampin' sponges, 4 different inks a neutral,2 medium colors and one dark in this case the ones I mentioned above.
1 step is sponging the embossing folder with the neutral color, crumb cake sponge the folder on the side that says sissix and run it through the big shot with the card stock.
Step 2 take the second color the lighter of the two colors up above and sponge it over the raised images from the embossing folder, in this case Marina Mist, then take the next color and sponge over that one  which was the Always Artichoke and then sponge the Early espresso over all,
3 Take the embossing buddy or any thing that you can dry the ink or the heating tool.
4 Once dry take some embossing powder and your versa mark I used gold for this particular card heat with the heat tool and whala your done.
    We will be doing this technique in my Tech class that I am doing tomorrow. Talk to you again and hopefully I will Have the other samples up then. Thanks for visiting til next time.
Happy Stamping


 

No comments:

Post a Comment