Vintage Garden

About Me

Monday, April 26, 2010

Good morning Stamping Friends,

    Hope everyone had a nice weekend. I had a Mother's Day celebration class yesterday, we made the scarf and a Mother's day card. It was very nice and a small class. We were able to enjoy each other's company and stories and enjoy eating together. The girls' scarves came out beautiful. As one of the ladies mentioned  each one of them did a scarf with some of the same sets but yet they all came out differently. I should have taken pictures of their scarves and posted them up here to show how different each one came out. That's the beauty of stamping and creating we all see things differently. Besides the card and scarf we did one scrap book page, actually 2. The pages that I posted a few days of my son was the pages we were doing for class, same color scheme and everything. As I started to prepare for my class I realized I didn't have enough of the Old Olive cardstock to make 2 pages for all who were attending so I had to come up with another color scheme. I came up with these colors by using my SU color coach which I love and am excited about getting the new one when it comes out. But then I realized that the embelishments would have to be change also, the colors made it a little more girl oriented than I wanted it to be but luckily most of the ladies that attended had girls,in fact I'm the one who has boys and I find scrap booking and embelishments  for boys  a real challenge, I find girls easier to scrap book for. The ladies loved the colors, I'm so glad. I had to look for a couple of pictures to put into these pages as a sample. This little girl is my niece Kaylee. She's one. The plain pale plumb under the clip is for journaling which I haven't got to yet. Most of the colors I used will be retiring when the new color renovation comes in. Enjoy the old colors for now.

Recipe for the two page 6x6 layout

Stamps: Pure and Simple Alphabet set
Ink: Brocade Blue
Cardstock: Mellow Moss, Pale Plumb.So Saffron, Brocade Blue
Accessories: Big Shot, Beautiful Bouquet embossing folder, 1 3/4 circle punch, Scallop Punch, Beautiful Wings embosslits Die, Primas, Brads in soft subtles, Playground buttons, Mini library clips and mellow moss taffeta ribbon, dimensionals .

Well off to make a couple of graduation cards using the Go Graduate stamp set from the summer mini will post later some time. Thanks for visiting ,have a great day. Til next time.
Happy stamping

1 comment:

  1. These pages are too cute! Love the color combo & how you embossed the corners. Gorgeous! Kaylee is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete