Vintage Garden

About Me

Monday, April 19, 2010

Happy Patriot's day

Happy Patriot's day to everyone,
   Not a huge holiday but a lot of people have it off and it is the day of the Boston Marathon, which I could never imagine running 26 miles, my hats off to them. This  is a card I made over the weekend, the orange bubble I left blank because I didn't know what type of card this was going to be, but I could add Happy Birthday, or hello or hi or for you ,when I decide what sentiment I want to use. 
   My younger son Kieran has gone to his dad's for the week,  they are looking at colleges, he'll be a senior in High School next year ,this is their April school vacation week . My older son Padraig will be in and out all week. He has baseball games for his college and some double headers. I think my hubby and I are going to try and make one of his games today.
   I do have a scrapbook page that we are making in my class this Sun coming up but I'm having trouble uploading it. Story of my computer life, uploading is always a challenge for me. LOL. I will get it up here hopefully soon.

Recipe for card

Stamps:none

Inks: none

card stock : Old Olive, Tempting Turquoise, Pumpkin Pie, Island Oasis DSP 

Accessories: cuttlebug embossing folder, Ornament punch, Pumpkin Pie striped grosgrain ribbon, oval scallop punch, for the fins, 3/4 circle punch, Lots of hearts punch,  for the tail, Scallop border punch, googly eyes I had on hand.

     This was a fun card and easy to put together, I will be making more  of these , in fact we will be making this in our May class, I think. Hope you enjoy the card and come back and visit, thanks for visiting, til next time.

P.S. would love to join a blog group but they are all full at the moment, if anyone knows of any let me know. Thanks

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment